[Setup] problem with images on fresh install of plone 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:50:56 UTC 2012

Hey Steve, thanks for the info.

I checked to see if zlib was installed--even after researching it not sure
what last line means--is it installed or not?:
PreciseServer:~$ sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
zlib1g-dev is already the newest version.
zlib1g-dev set to manually installed.

Checked to see if libjpeg was installed and looks like it wasn't but did
install them:
sudo apt-get install libjpeg62-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libjpeg62
  libjpeg62 libjpeg62-dev

Since I didn't know how to rebuilt python and PIL I thought it would be
easiest to backup my current development zinstance (and mv Plone Plone.bak
just in case), I reran the installer.  Now, however, there seems to be the
issue in the new instance that the JS stuff isn't working like hovering
over the "Display" tab does nothing and I have to click on it, taking me to
the page with Display options/radio buttons.  Do I need to reinstall it
all?  Wish I could copy off the backup of the zinstance.

David G.