[Setup] problem with images on fresh install of plone 4.2 on ubuntu 12.04

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Sat Aug 18 21:30:19 UTC 2012

If you're having trouble with png files, you're probably missing zlib; if
the trouble is with jpegs, you're missing libjpeg. Both need to be
installed in their -dev versions.

If zlib is missing, the Python and PIL are going to need to be rebuilt. If
jpegs, then just PIL. That's after library installation.