[Setup] database version mismatch error after 4.1 upgrade

Todd Davenport tdavenport at solutionsforprogress.com
Mon Apr 2 14:45:33 UTC 2012

Greetings Maurits,

Thanks for your kind response. I was out of the office for a few days and
just got back in.

Looks like your suspicions are correct.

> It looks like your database is now using a lower Plone version than what
was previously used.  So I wonder if the bin/buildout has somehow caused a
(small) downgrade in the Plone version.

> http://example.org/portal_migration/getInstanceVersion

Reports: 4113

> http://example.org/portal_migration/getFileSystemVersion

Is, as you predicted 4109.

> I guess that last one will report 4109 and the first one will be higher.
>
> Report those versions back here and we may have a better idea of how to
solve this.  If getInstanceVersion is higher thatn 4109 but still lower
than 4200 then I guess you should just change your buildout.cfg to extend
> http://dist.plone.org/release/4.1.4/versions.cfg

I'll change buildout.cfg and update as you suggested this evening and
report back if I have problems.

Thanks so much for your help and explanation,

Todd Davenport