[Setup] Procedure to copy Plone server to another another server... ?

hydrostarr2 plone.org at hydrostarr.com
Tue Sep 27 08:25:07 UTC 2011

Need to copy my Plone server environment from one server to another (for
non-production testing, portability tests, and other reasons).  Does the
notes/lists below comprehensively cover everything for a 4.1[bX]
copy/migration on Ubuntu (Debian) Linux?

(An aside: is there any pre-packaged automation for this?  Maybe to "bundle
up" the "Plone personality" into a single tarball, so that we don't have to
manually do it by hand?)

backups/migrations to other servers... backup these 4 things, so we can
rebuild an environment easily for Plone:
1) zeocluster/src  (our custom add-ons such as kove.theme)
2) zeocluster/var/filestorage (our database file(s) although only Data.fs is
required)
3) zeocluster/var/blobstorage (content images and files are serialized to
this dir)
4) zeocluster/buildout.cfg (our custom buildout that specifies our add-ons,
ports, etc.)

To build new environment, need to:
1) download Plone 4.1
2) install it using zeo option to some directory
3) replace its buildout.cfg with ours
4) replace src dir
5) replace filestorage dir
6) replace blobstorage dir
7) pythonX.X bootstrap.py  # always run with specific version of python
built in with my Plone universal install
8) run zeocluster/bin/buildout -N to install our custom add-on stuff
9) zeocluster/bin/startcluster.sh to start all clients and zeoserver
database process

our data and code are then in place

We also need to backup and migrate over to any new server the
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled configs

And the modules-enabled and the main httpd.conf has some uncommented
LoadModule lines to enable proxy/other mods

Apache:
1) main httpd.conf with enabled LoadModule lines
2) sites-enabled dir with custom .conf files for vhosts
3) mods-enabled