[Setup] 4.1b2: http requests to non-themed site works for one theme but not the other

hydrostarr2 plone.org at hydrostarr.com
Wed Sep 21 21:09:23 UTC 2011

[Admission: am probably using the "tldX.com" designation above
inappropriately; the top-level domain is actually ".com."  In any case, will
continue same designation--even though it's technically inaccurate--for
consistency's sake.]

Thx much Laurence.  AFAIK we're using Diazo theme, given I click on "Diazo
theme" when visiting http://devadmin.tld2.com/plone_control_panel (the
working admin interface), and that brings up 'Diazo_theme -> Advanced
settings -> Unthemed host names' where one specifies things like
'devadmin.tld2.com' as the "admin" hostnames.

Also, these links:
http://devadmin.tld1.com/plone_control_panel
http://devadmin.tld1.com/theming-controlpanel

...redirect to:
ttp://devadmin.tld1.com/acl_users/credentials_cookie_auth/require_login?came_from=http%3A//devadmin.tld1.com/plone_control_panel

...which simply shows the same thing as themed
http://devadmin.tld1.com/about (themed site content).

fwiw, http://devadmin.tld1.com/failsafe_login_form doesn't redirect per
above, but it still only shows http://devadmin.tld1.com/about themed (same
as above).

http://devadmin.tld2.com/plone_control_panel (the working, tld2.com site)
still land at admin/unthemed interfaces, as desired.

Side note, when visiting http://devadmin.tld2.com/@@theming-controlpanel ->
'Basic settings', I do see both tld1.theme and tld2.them in the "Select a
theme" pull-down list.  tld2.theme is the one applied (at the tld2.com admin
site); presuming this is correct setting/config?

Bottom line: what sort of magic places/things should I be looking at/doing
to fix tld1.com's configuration to get
http://devadmin.tld1.com/plone_control_panel to show the admin/unthemed web
interface?  Happy to do a little RTFM here if need be and/or get my hands
dirty in the /usr/local/Plone/zeocluster/src (or whatever) file system,
quite comfortable there.  Just don't know where to start
looking/reading/etc.  :-/

Am also considering reinstalling from scratch after backing up our plone
server/virtual machine (already done), and need to do that at some point
-anyway-, just a bit hesitant to do that *right now* and spend the extra
time to re-learn how to do an install from ground up, because trying to get
content/theme/format/site reviewers up and going (to review the site
changes) as quickly as possible (aggressive deadline and all that).