[Setup] 4.1b2: http requests to non-themed site works for one theme but not the other

Larry Pitcher unclelarry at inlandnet.com
Thu Oct 13 18:20:37 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 9:35 AM, hydrostarr2 wrote:
> Ran into some variant of this problem again today when copying a plone
> instance/database to new host/domain.  Could visit ZMI but not
> plone-admin/control-panel, because the new "Unthemed host names" in  Diazo
> theme ->  Theme settings ->  Advanced Settings did not have the new
> host/domain list.
>
> Got to be a way to get over this chicken-and-the-egg problem.  Is there some
> way to change the "Unthemed host names" (in Diazo) via ZMI when in this
> state (because many parts of the ZMI doens't work in this state... including
> ZMI->portal_controlpanel ... which just goes to the themed site).
>
> Really frustrating to our team.  Only solution is to go a working copy of
> the database/instance somewhere, add the new host/domain name BEFORE
> migrating.  Rather cumbersome.  Alternative suggestions welcome.

Hi,

Have you looked at the Deliverance tool or using Diazo separately from
your Plone site? These act as theme proxy servers. I'm using Deliverance
and it's really handy to have the theme machinery separate from the
Plone web site. I can always go to my Plone site directly and skip the
theme engine.

The theme and the rules are largely the same.

HTH,

--
Larry Pitcher
Catapult Solutions