[Setup] buildout error code

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Tue Oct 11 10:25:21 UTC 2011

Op 11-10-11 08:56, davidhan schreef:
> I have tried to install the plone 4.1...
> Install program setup automatically at C:\plone41...
> How can I change the directory such as C:\plone41 to C:program
> files\plone...
> After then, I can't buildout.exe, it can't find buildout.cfg file....
> http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/file/n6879813/error_code.bmp
> Therefore, I have tried to move the buildout.cfg such as
> C:\plone41\buildout.cfg to C:\plone41\bin\buildout.cfg...
> After then, I could build the buildout.exe...
> And I have faced other error code...
> Like this
> http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/file/n6879813/buildout%281%29.bmp
> Let me know, how should I do?..
> Have a great day...
> Thanks,

Hi,

I at least see that you are running buildout from within the bin
directory.  You should stay in the main directory and then run
'bin\buildout'.  That is probably why it could not find the buildout.cfg
file.

For the second problem it may be a question of simply trying it again.
The 'timed out, some packages may not be found' message may not matter
much: if the packages are *really* not found, you will get a proper
error.  This warning basically just means that some page on the Internet
that might contain extra versions of a package is not found, which does
not need to be a real problem.  It looks like in this case svn.plone.org
was down for a while; currently it is up so worth another try.

The MD5 validation error should not normally happen; a bit hard to
diagnose.  This may also mean you just have to try again, especially by
running 'bin\buildout' from the main directory.

Oh, if possible, next time can you paste the plain text of the errors
instead of creating a screen shot?  Plain text is easier to see
(depending on how someone is viewing this mailing list) and at least
easier for search engines to parse.  Thanks.

Please report back if this helped.

--
Maurits van Rees   http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl