[Setup] Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.1.2

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:16:03 UTC 2011

On 23/11/11 09:10, deesto wrote:
> Thanks.  So you'd attempt to merge this cfg with your present buildout, and
> do the same whenever there's a new Plone version?  Specifying so many
> versions of separate software components seems to introduce many new
> possible points of failure: there isn't a "package" or other Plone group

HV> you asked about a minor release upgrade that does not introduce any
incompatibility issue; that is the way I've been doing since Plone 4.0
with almost no problems at all.

the only issue I found was precisely on Plone 4.1.2 and Dexterity 1.0.3
because the KGS was incomplete; I told that to Eric Steele and the
problem was solved quickly.

> that can be specified that would pull in all the necessary components for a
> desired release?  Not to mention that this doesn't seem like a user-friendly
> way of upgrading: certainly Richard is having a problem, if not other users.
>
> Regardless, it remains that this doesn't seem to be a well-documented
> upgrade process.

HV> I found this very user friendly: I just have to change one or two
lines in my buildout; version pinning in Plone 4.x works like a charm
but, obviously, you must test the upgrade first in an staging
installation, not your production site.