[Setup] Plone 3 > Plone 4: Workflow State Trouble

Michael Zimmermann list at incunabulum.de
Wed May 4 14:49:45 UTC 2011

Hi there,

once again, I am back at some migraton work from plone 3.2.x to the
current (latest) plone 4 release. Having worked around a bunch of errors
regarding aborted migraton runs, I am currently bothered with the following:

After a sucessful migration run, all my content objects are listed in
the review portlet as "please review" yet do have the old state (mostly
published, some private). Yes, the objects with a state "published" are
shown in the review portlet.

1) Does anyone know why this is so? And how can I change this? What
works is changes the state from each object to something else and back
to "published". (And no, I am not very knowledgeable with plone
scripting anymore. Unfortunately.)

2) How do I assign a default workflow for my plone site? I can assign
workflow policies for indivudal folders yet no global workflow or
workflow poliy.... at least I can't find it.

Thanks for any hint!

Michael (a second post might follow)