[Setup] transferring content from 3.0.6 to 4.0.4

Volodymyr Cherepanyak chervol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:28:05 UTC 2011

Hi Lars,

you can check this wiki in regards of the content migration from Plone3 to
Plone4 (it describes Plon3.2.3 as a starting point):
http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone3-4

Also Miko has a very good writeup on the topic
http://blog.mfabrik.com/2010/12/27/importing-and-exporting-plone-folders-using-quintagroup-transmogrify/

For now you should use trunk of the quintagroup.transmogrifier:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/quintagroup.transmogrifier/trunk,
unfortunately I had no time lately to push new release.

Regards,
Volodymyr.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM, hansen <hansen at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de>wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> Plone 4.0.4 will be run on new hardware, thus portal_migration is no
> option.
> Besides, portal_migration states that 3.0.6 is up to date.
>
> I don't understand this transmogrifier project: the collectives Install.txt
> to which the Readme points, states "you probably already have ..." which I
> haven't. Additionally, I don't know what to do with the quintagroup
> blueprint.
>
> Appreciating any help.
>
> Lars

Volodymyr Cherepanyak