[Setup] Plone 4.0.4 Standalone with PostgreSQL or ZEO

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 12:39:21 UTC 2011

Think of Relstorage as a replacement for zeo, you cannot use
relstorage with zeo.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Jon Stahl <jonstahl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM, nikolaj <nikolaj.groenlund at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> At first, Im still new to Plone so bare with me when using wrong terms. And
>> yes, RelStorage has good performance. Ill keep the RelStorage solution for
>> now (because of a deadline) - but would like to experiment with ZEO.
>>
>> Hopefully you can answer the questions below:
>>
>> Is it possible to convert from a "Standalone" install with RelStorage
>> (PostgreSQL database) to a "ZEO" install? One thing is theory with
>> "zodbconvert" - what about practice? PS Im using RelStorage 1.5.0b2 and
>> PostgreSQL 9.0.3.
>
> RelStorage includes a utility that allows you to convert between a
> conventional filestorage and RelStorage ,so yes.
>

>> Is it possible to go from a "Standalone" install with Data.fs to a "ZEO"
>> install using the same Data.fs? Is it the same ZODB format? (as said, Im
>> still a newbie)
>
> Yes.
>
>> Currently Im using "da_DK.ISO8859-1" encoding in PostgreSQL - would
>> "da_DK.UTF-8 be better? PS Im setting "Encoding, Collation and Ctype".
>
> No idea, I don't use RelStorage in production.  Others may have more
> experience with this, although you are unlikely to get much detailed
> help with RelStorage on this list; try on the plone-users or on
> StackOverflow, where there are many more eyes.
>
>> Is it possible to have many sites (instances) with Standalone?
>
> Yes, the storage architecture has nothing to do with how many sites
> you can have in a Zope instance.
>

>> Is it possible to have many sites (instances) with ZEO?
>
> Yes, see above.
>
> :jon

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 729495789

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>