[Setup] Form prior redirection

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 17 13:31:49 UTC 2011

On 3/17/11 8:50 AM, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a Plone 3.1 site, I have created a form with PloneFormGen and I'd
> like the user to be automatically redirected to its URL (let say
> http://<my_site>/forms/my_join_form) when he visits the
> http://<my_site>/join_form URL.
>
> I noticed that it is possible to customize the join_form Page Template
> and to deal with some 'redirect_to' actions in the 'Actions' tab, but
> they are for redirections /after/ and not /before/ submission of the
> corresponding form.
>
> Could you please let me know a trick for this purpose?

In a default Plone 'join' is handled as a user action.
It is defined on the actions tool ('portal_actions').

If you go to the ZMI -> portal_actions and select
the 'user' category you will find under 'join' the
definition of the action.
Change the URL (Expression) in that definition to
point wherever you want.

Raphael