[Setup] Building plone on Amazon's EC2's micro instances

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 11:45:14 UTC 2011

Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo wrote:

> I'm trying to install a custom buildout of Plone 4 into a micro instance
> of
> Amazon EC2. It's getting painfully slow to complete the buildout.
>
> Have, any of you, experienced something like that?
> What do you do to avoid this huge waste of time?

Yes, it is painfully slow, micro instances are not meant for sustained work
like that. With an EBS backed instance it should be simple to build Plone
under a larger instance (I think the management console now lets your switch
instance size) then run it on a micro instance. I just did something else
while I let it build.

Laurence