[Setup] Plone 4.0.4 and PostgreSQL

nikolaj nikolaj.groenlund at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 11:33:36 UTC 2011

I would be happy if someone could direct me to a complete "Plone 4.0.4 and
PostgreSQL install" guide.

Are there any difference between Standalone and Zeo when installing
PostgreSQL integration?

Is it difficult to migrate from a Standalone to a Zeo installation when
using PostgreSQL?

I would like to upload several MS Word documents into Plone and someone told
me that it possible with WebDAV. But how are documents saved? Is it a blob
in the PostgreSQL database or a link to the disk somewhere that I should
include in my backup?

Thanks in advance,
Nikolaj G.