[Setup] Problem running buildout on Windows Server 2008 R2

Neil Gibbs neil.gibbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:26:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm having difficulty running buildout against the plone.org distro when I
try to run it on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine. The same setup works on
my development machine (Win 7 Ultimate). Here is the versions section of
buildout.cfg:

extends-cache = buildout-cache/extends
extends =
    base.cfg
    versions.cfg
    http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0.3/versions.cfg

On both machines, I've run PowerShell as Administrator and run buildout -Nv.
On the Server 2008 machine, I've also set PowerShell to run as
"Unrestricted." Finally, the network admins that host the Win 2008 machine
claim all relevant ports are open and all security settings are set
appropriately.

However, the following error comes up when I run buildout on the Server 2008
machine:

"Download error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the
connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
-- Some packages may not be found!"

Again, this works just fine on my Win 7 development machine.

Has anyone who runs a buildout-based Plone on Windows had this issue? A look
through all event logs (system, network, PowerShell, etc.) turns up
nothing.

Thanks!

Neil Gibbs