[Setup] Migrating content from 2.5 to recent using transmogrifier

Volodymyr Cherepanyak chervol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:51:21 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,

Make sure you activated the "Transmogrifier" configuration in  the
portal_setup -> Properties tab.

I created  short guide regarding the Plone2.5.5 content export with
quintagroup.transmogrifier:
http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone2.5-4

Regards,
Volodymyr.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Martin Weigele <martin at weigele.de> wrote:

> Ok back to the list. Still content export from 2.5
>
> In
>
> http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone2-3
>
> it says under section 2, "content export": "Add CMF Setup Tool in the site"
> [to be exported] which will  be added with portal_setup name.
>
> OK I was able to add a CMF Site (there is Zope Product CMF Setup Tool but
> no
> such thing that could be added within the Plone site, so I added a CMF site
> instead) and later changed its type from CMF site to transmogrifier, and
> continued to follow the instructions. However I can only export a minimal
> content tgz file, except for some top level files, the content is not
> exported.
> I tried both with and without the special simpleblog2quill version. The
> latter
> crashes.
>
> Am I missing out some important background information? Your help is much
> appreciated. Thx.

Volodymyr Cherepanyak
e-mail: chervol at gmail.com
skype : callto://chervol?chat