[Setup] Plone on the cloud: how to keep it simple but modular ?

Giovanni Toffoli toffoli at uni.net
Wed Mar 2 09:48:35 UTC 2011

Thank you Suresh. I will try sticky Nginx.

Thanks also to Alex.
> not sure what you mean by implementation [of the allocation of the Zeo
> clients]
Yes, I was wondering which is the best way of customizing Buildout for my
case: don't know how to adapt to Plone 4 (blobstorage) the second part of
the following article:
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/multiple-plone-sites-per-zope-instance-using-separate-data-fs-files-for-each-one

I think that the ZODB must be managed by one ZeoServer, even if it is
extended with a few mount-points. Thus, the current scenario would include:
- sticky Nginx
- ZODB with 2-3 mount-points, one per Plone site
- ZeoServer
- at least 2 Zeo clients.

As to the Zeo clients, is the hypothesis below reasonable?
- anonymous user: one client per each semi-critical site, one for all the
other sites
- authenticated user: one client for all sites.

Thank you again, Giovanni