[Setup] Migrating content from 2.5 to recent using transmogrifier

Martin Weigele martin at weigele.de
Wed Mar 2 00:13:53 UTC 2011

Ok back to the list. Still content export from 2.5

In
http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone2-3

it says under section 2, "content export": "Add CMF Setup Tool in the site"
[to be exported] which will  be added with portal_setup name.

OK I was able to add a CMF Site (there is Zope Product CMF Setup Tool but no
such thing that could be added within the Plone site, so I added a CMF site
instead) and later changed its type from CMF site to transmogrifier, and
continued to follow the instructions. However I can only export a minimal
content tgz file, except for some top level files, the content is not exported.
I tried both with and without the special simpleblog2quill version. The latter
crashes.

Am I missing out some important background information? Your help is much
appreciated. Thx.