[Setup] Migrating content from 2.5 to recent using transmogrifier

Volodymyr Cherepanyak chervol at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:23:59 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,

Please clarify which versions of  *.transmogrifier packages you are using.

We are exporting  Plone 2.5 content successfully with this branch:
http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrifier/branches/plone-2.1/

The SimpleBlog can be converted into Quills with:
http://svn.quintagroup.com/products/quintagroup.transmogrify.simpleblog2quills/

If you do not need some of the content in the destination website it is
better to do clean up prior to content export.

Regards,
Volodymyr.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Martin Weigele <martin at weigele.de> wrote:

> Hi have been trying to transmogrify the content of a 2.5 Plone site upwards
> following closely the description at
>

> http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone2-3#Additionalpackages
>
> which is however designed for Plone 2.1
>
> In the end, the start of the instance with bin/instance fg always results
> in
> the following error messages:
>
> bin/runzope -X debug-mode=on
> 2011-03-01 00:10:56 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Tue Mar  1 00:10:56
> 2011
>        Hostname: 0.0.0.0
>        Port: 8080
> 2011-03-01 00:10:56 ERROR PortalTransforms Problem importing module
> safe_html
> : No module named bbb.OFS_interfaces
>
> similar message repeated until it exits and backtraces. The site contains a
> couple of products that cannot be migrated directly, in particular
> quintagroups version of simple blog. Ideally I want to reach 4.0 and get
> rid
> of a specific blog product but keep historical urls intact.
>
> Any idea how this could be fixed?
>
> Thanks, Martin

Volodymyr Cherepanyak
e-mail: chervol at gmail.com