[Setup] error installing quintagroup.transmogrifier

Ken Wasetis [Contextual Corp.] ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
Mon Jul 25 20:56:58 UTC 2011

David,

Not sure if that was the error I was getting, but recently when trying
to get collective.easyslider to work on a Plone 4.1 instance, I had to
pin plone.app.layout in my versions section, such as below:

plone.app.layout = 2.1.8

I'm also using the latest/greatest of easyslider.  If you are still
trying an older 0.3.2 or some such release, I think you'll need a newer
release that has changes to allow it to work on 4.1.  See:
http://plone.org/products/collective.easyslider/releases

I'm currently having Nathan Van Gheem help with some enhancements to
easyslider, so there's a 0.7.2a1 tag (not available as tarball on
release page yet), if you svn checkout from the that tag into your /src
directory and update your buildout.cfg accordingly to use that one.

It's been a work in progress for the past week, but I think we're there
now.  Not sure everyone will want/need all the extra Slider Settings
options, but we did.  Things such as 'Resume Autoplay' after a visitor
clicks on a numbered navigation link, option to skip or set a shorter
delay even or odd slides (so you can use a slide image as a quick
transition between the main slides), etc.  He's done some great updates
for us and I hope others might enjoy them too.

Thanks,
Ken