[Setup] error installing quintagroup.transmogrifier

dgroos djgroos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:12:46 UTC 2011

aclark wrote:

> On 7/24/11 3:58 PM, dgroos wrote:
>> Thanks for responding Alex.  The new instance is located on a new server.
>> Also, I want a root install for this instance.
>
> If by "root install" you mean you want to move your Plone site object
> from some ZMI folder e.g. /sites/Plone to /Plone in the root of the ZMI,
> then I agree it makes sense.
>

> Back to q.transmogrifier, did you resolve the buildout issue?

Hi Alex,
By "root install" I'm using the term as expressed in these words (borrowed
from the plone.org site):
--The root (production) install:
--    Installs by default to /usr/local/Plone;
--    Creates a "plone" user, sets this user as owner of the data files, and
configures Zope to run
--    as the effective user "plone".
--    Program and configuration files are owned by the root user, and should
not be writable by the Zope process.

So, I don't mean it in the sense you described.  But I am changing servers
therefore I don't see how I can just run the upgrade steps--right?  I need
to actually move the content (several folders and their contents) from the
3.2.3 instance which is on one server running Hardy to the 4.0.7 instance
which is running on a separate server running Lucid.

I've still had no success getting transmogrifier to install so any advise to
this or on other ways to proceed would be much appreciated!

David