[Setup] babble.client, babble.server

Hannes Fremann hg at automatx.de
Thu Jul 7 14:23:53 UTC 2011

Hello ,

i've successfully installed the babble.client, babble.server product on my plone 4.0.7 instance using the corresponding eggs in the buildout.cfg.
Everything works fine so far but from time to time i see the lots of entries like this my instance.log file:

2011-07-07T15:54:58 ERROR babble.client/browser/chat.py initialize: timeout error for  hg at automatx.de
2011-07-07T15:55:13 ERROR babble.client/utils.py: Socket error from get_online_contacts: server.getOnlineUsers: timed out
Is the chatserver running?
2011-07-07T15:55:23 ERROR babble.client/utils.py: Socket error from get_online_contacts: server.getOnlineUsers: timed out
Is the chatserver running?
2011-07-07T15:59:39 ERROR babble.client/browser/chat.py poll: timeout error for  hg at automatx.de

During this phase a "Connection refused" line appears inside the babble.client window. Yesterday the phase took about 10 minutes after that everything was ok again.

Today i found an additional hint in the instance.log:

2011-07-07T15:55:53 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog 1310046953.640.309126118049 https://automat.utfs.org/Plone/@@babblechat/send_message
Traceback (innermost last):
 Module babble.client.browser.chat, line 188, in send_message
 Module xmlrpclib, line 1199, in __call__
 Module xmlrpclib, line 1489, in __request
 Module xmlrpclib, line 1237, in request
 Module babble.client.tool, line 24, in getreply
 Module httplib, line 990, in getresponse
 Module httplib, line 391, in begin
 Module httplib, line 349, in _read_status
 Module socket, line 427, in readline
timeout: timed out

Any help to solve this "timeout" problem is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hannes