[Setup] Where is content stored if not in Data.fs ?

hansen hansen at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 25 14:47:47 UTC 2011

Laurence Rowe wrote:

> I guess what you did then was delete the Data.fs from the filesystem, but
> it was kept around as Zope still had a file handle open on it. Fortunately
> you did not restart Zope or it would have been completely lost. Packing
> creates a new file so you have your data back.

Hi, this sounds like a possibility. But I was told Zope was restarted
several times over the past months. This would have lost the content some
time ago. Also there was no path to a storage location of the content found
by us. The zope.conf entry pointing to a new location for the mount point
with the content was only created yesterday by us. So packing has created a
new Data (or whatever we named it in the conf-entry).fs and moved all
content there? Nice!

And thank you for the cron job hint.

BR

Lars