[Setup] Where is content stored if not in Data.fs ?

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 14:30:36 UTC 2011

hansen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> We didn't find the path to the location of our contents storage under
> Database, but we created a new zope.conf zodb_db entry for our mounted
> content and found that entrys storage location path under Database. We
> clicked "Pack" and it appears as if the newly created storage is now used
> by the content whose storage location we were trying to locate.
>
> How can we automate "Pack"ing if at all?
>
> Thanks again!

I guess what you did then was delete the Data.fs from the filesystem, but it
was kept around as Zope still had a file handle open on it. Fortunately you
did not restart Zope or it would have been completely lost. Packing creates
a new file so you have your data back.

You can automate packing with cron calling a url with curl or, if you use
zeo, zeopack.

Laurence