[Setup] _imaging.so not found

rbrewer rbrewer at lava.net
Tue Jan 25 02:04:18 UTC 2011

--On January 22, 2011 2:02:12 AM -0800 "Stefan Lange [via Plone]"
<ml-node+5950492-2112826583-310889 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I've installed the new PIL version for Plone's Python and not for the Mac
> OS Python. You can do so by calling python executable from the Plone
> installation when installing PIL from the source.
>
> There should also be a way to install it via buildout - unfortunately I
> don't have to right code at hand. Maybe it is possible to install it
> using the [productdistros]/urls section in the buildout.cfg.

buildout.cfg actually has a line for PIL:

# Eggs
# ----
# Add an indented line to the eggs section for any Python
# eggs or packages you wish to include.
#
eggs =
    Plone
    PIL==1.1.6

Unfortunately, changing that to 1.1.7, followed by "bin/buildout -n" and
"bin/buildout" did download new new egg, but didn't seem to actually make
Plone work.