[Setup] Where is content stored if not in Data.fs ?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Mon Jan 24 13:53:15 UTC 2011

On 1/24/11 6:55 AM, hansen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was assigned a task to find the location of the storage of content managed
> with Plone 3.0.6.
>
> According to the Plone.org documentation content is stored in ZODB in
> Data.fs. However, there is no Data.fs on our server.
>
> Additionally there was no zodb_db entry in zope.conf specifying where the
> particular content managed with Plone is stored.
>
> Thus my question is: Where is content added to/in Plone stored if it isn't
> stored in Data.fs ?
>
> Contribution of anyone, even if with only the slightest idea of what's the
> case here or how to solve my task, is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance and Best Regards

It's unlikely that is the case. If you can get to the "top level" ZMI,
click on Control_Panel/Database; that should give you the path to the
Data.fs.

(To get to the top level ZMI, you'll need to login to the site via the
Zope port, typically 8080. So something like: http://mysite.com:8080/manage)

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net
Author · http://aclark.net/admin