[Setup] _imaging.so not found

rbrewer rbrewer at lava.net
Sat Jan 22 04:35:16 UTC 2011

--On January 12, 2011 2:57:56 AM -0800 "Stefan Lange [via Plone]"
<ml-node+5914070-495734478-310889 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found a solution to this issue: you have to install a newer PIL
> version.
>
> Grab it from here:
> http://effbot.org/downloads/Imaging-1.1.7.tar.gz
>
> Then install it so that your instance can use it.
> Now you have to take care that the PIL egg (that came with the Plone
> Installer) will no longer be used. Just remove (or comment) the
> corresponding entry in the zinstance/bin/instance file.

I'd rather install any new PIL version inside the Python instance provided
by Plone, rather than use the system python. Are there any step-by-step
instructions on how to make buildout download & use a newer version of a
package? My exploratory attempts to modify the buildout.cfg file did not
succeed.

While I would like to resolve this problem swiftly, I also want to leave
things in a maintainable state, so when I upgrade to the next Plone
version, things don't break again.

--
Robert Brewer
http://excitedcuriosity.wordpress.com/