[Setup] Windows(XP) Zope instance wont start (Plone 4.0.2)

Aric Walke r stillgar71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:50:09 UTC 2011

HI all,

Newbie to Plone/zope but really like the environment.  My issue is I used
the windows installer created a site. (window XP)
(Day1 )Modified some CSS changed the logo updated the images added some divs
in a page. Dev mode everything is fine I see my changes.  Looks perfect.

(Day 2) I bring my laptop up start instance in the Plone controller the
instance starts then stops when I hit the localhost:8080/applicationname  I
go to my services(in windows) start the Zope service" Zope instance at
C:\Program Files\Plone\parts\instance" it starts then 2 minutes later it
stops. No logs entries in the var/log files.

I try the command line instance.exe fg  I get this error "To run the program
in the foreground, please stop it first. "

Problem is I see no service to stop when I do and instance.exe stop I get
this error"ERROR: The Zope Windows service has not been started. "

How do I get my instance back up? Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Aric