[Setup] Plone Hotfix CVE-2011-0720: "ImportError: No module named CMFPlone"

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Feb 9 11:57:43 UTC 2011

Op 09-02-11 09:36, Karl Johan Kleist schreef:

> Makes sense, but if I remove "eggs = Products.PloneHotfix20110720" from
> [eggs] in buildout.cfg, and rebuild, everything works.

The eggs should still contain Plone.  I wonder if you have now
overwritten it so that only the hotfix egg is available to the instance.

Look in the created bin/instance script what changes when you add or
remove that hotfix line en run bin/buildout.  It should have lots of
lines specifying the sys.path.

What I would expect in a non-complete stipped-down buildout.cfg is
either this:

[buildout]
eggs =
     Plone
     Products.PloneHotfix20110720

[instance]
eggs =
     ${buildout:eggs}

or this:

[buildout]
eggs =

[instance]
eggs =
     Plone
     Products.PloneHotfix20110720

or this:

[buildout]
eggs =
     Plone

[instance]
eggs =
     ${buildout:eggs}
     Products.PloneHotfix20110720

(I'm just focusing on the 'eggs' parameter here and ignoring lots of
required other lines.)

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl