[Setup] Upgrade from 3.2.2 to 4.0.2 fails > Solved

Michael Zimmermann list at incunabulum.de
Mon Feb 7 18:45:27 UTC 2011

On 07/02/11 18:22, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Near the top of http://plone.org/support/forums/setup there is a link to
> this page with more info about how to really subscribe:

Well, I read this doc more than once but I am still perplexed by two
different representations of the same mailing lists.

Presenting options for both representations, yet calling them both
"mailing list" makes it a bit difficult to understand what you are
actually subscribing to. And once  you have subscribed yet disabled
mails from the real mailman-operated list, well, there is no sensible
option to turn these mails back on without being able to see the mailman
page.

> I myself use the Thunderbird email client and use that to subscribe to
> the gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.setup mailinglist-to-newsgroup gateway.

Excellent... this is the kind of informantion I was looking for and
which presents an interface worth working with. Thanks.

BtW -the information about the different mailing lists, see bug #11418
is still inacessible. The bug therefore should be reopend.
Unfortunately, I am not able to do this via trac even while being logged
in. Error:
Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?

cu, Michael