[Setup] Security settings for Plone Plugin

abadger dave at netfm.org
Sun Feb 6 10:22:15 UTC 2011

Have now leanrt enough to know you can control permissions on views by
configure.zcml - i.e adding something like:-

  <browser:page
      name="test_settings"
      for="*"
      template="www/lockout.pt"
      permission="cmf.ManagePortal"
      />

Will ensure that test_settings is only viewable by administrators. This is
great.

But the plugin I'm working with must already be registering it's settings
view in a different manner .. because putting these setiings into
configure,zcml does not change the permissions on that view.

I think maybe it's setuphandlers.py that needs changing - but again I'm
confused as to the many different ways Plone can produce a plugin. This
loginlogout plugin has a skins layer - again maybe this is the issue.

Is there somewhere I can see where the view (URL) login is having it's
permissions set.

Thx dave