[Setup] RDB Connectivity

albertpt albert.pt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:29:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have installed  Plone 4.0.2 with Zope 2.12.13 and python 2.6.5 (Unified
installer),

I was trying to follow that link to connect to a relational database (MySQL)
to do some queries,

http://plone.org/documentation/kb/plone-and-mysql/zmysql-database-connection

but there is no 'Z MySQl Database connection' option...

Can you please help about:

1. How to get it to have this option available (if there are better options,
that's ok for me)?
2. I believe that following that example I will be able to create a page
inside my Plone site to select and query values to a RDB...is that right? Do
you know any other links that may help me with this?

Best regards, and thanks in advance!

Albert