[Setup] Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.1.2

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:45:29 UTC 2011

Hi Héctor,

So if I understand correctly, the recommended upgrade path is:
- Shutting down your Zope instance
- Changing your "versions.cfg" specification in the "extends" section of
your buildout.cfg to point to the desired version distributed at
http://dist.plone.org/release<http://dist.plone.org/release/4.1.3/versions.cfg>/
.  This can be done either by downloading the configuration file and
specifying the file name locally, or pointing directly to the remote file.
- Running ${instance}/bin/buildout to upgrade components
- Starting your Zope instance.

If that's correct, I agree that the process is quite straightforward, and
I'm sure those in the know have been doing it this way for some time.  But
I don't see this spelled out explicitly anywhere on plone.org, and I don't
see why it shouldn't be.

Thanks,
~John