[Setup] Integrating Active Directory with Plone 4

poriotis panos.panou at huntingtonhospital.com
Thu Aug 18 00:10:33 UTC 2011

Hello!

How do you integrate successfully Active Directory with Plone 4 on Ubuntu? I
have searched the Internet up and down and cannot get this to work!!

All I know is that all you have to do is add "plone.app.ldap" in your
buildout.cfg file and that will install the add-ons. However, every time I
do this I get an error message. I have installed python-ldap 2.3.11 from the
Ubuntu repos but yet I still get an error when I run bin/buildout.

When I run bin/buildout it starts, "Getting distribution for
'python-ldap>=2.0.6'". I don't understand why does it have to do that when I
already have python-ldap installed and tested successfully!

I have Python 2.6.

Here is the message I get when I execute bin/buildout:

Getting distribution for 'python-ldap>=2.0.6'.
extra_compile_args: -g
extra_objects:
include_dirs: /opt/openldap-RE24/include /usr/include/sasl
library_dirs: /opt/openldap-RE24/lib
libs: ldap_r lber sasl2 ssl crypto
file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found file Lib/ldap/controls.py (for
module ldap.controls) not found file Lib/ldap/extop.py (for module
ldap.extop) not found file Lib/ldap/schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not
found
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile'
warning: no files found matching 'Modules/LICENSE'
file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found file Lib/ldap/controls.py (for
module ldap.controls) not found file Lib/ldap/extop.py (for module
ldap.extop) not found file Lib/ldap/schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not
found file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found file Lib/ldap/controls.py
(for module ldap.controls) not found file Lib/ldap/extop.py (for module
ldap.extop) not found file Lib/ldap/schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not
found In file included from Modules/LDAPObject.c:9:0:
Modules/errors.h:8:18: fatal error: lber.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status
1
An error occured when trying to install python-ldap 2.4.3. Look above this
message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing instance.
  Getting distribution for 'python-ldap>=2.0.6'.
Error: Couldn't install: python-ldap 2.4.3
*************** PICKED VERSIONS **************** [versions] plone.app.ldap =
1.2.6

#Required by:
#Products.PloneLDAP 1.1