[Setup] Re: Active Directory setup for multiple domains one Plone site

HillPerson glachnitt at tworiversfinancialgroup.com
Wed Mar 31 22:26:25 UTC 2010

I'm by no means an expert, but I've been able to make this work with 3
domains simultaneously.

I'm using PloneLDAP  http://plone.org/products/ploneldap
http://plone.org/products/ploneldap

This is derived from the OpenLDAP product you are using.  After installing
PloneLDAP, you add an ActiveDirectory Multi Plugin to your Plone/acl_users
folder.  Use the ZMI to do this, not the quick installer or you will get
errors.

Look at the contents of your new ActiveDirectory Multi Plugin and you'll see
another acl_users folder.  Click on it and configure it much the same way
you configured your OpenLDAP product.

Make sure your ActiveDirectory Multi Plugin is activated as an
Authentication, Group_Enumeration, etc. plugin for your Plone/acl_users
folder and you should be set.

Once you get one working, simply add another ActiveDirectory Multi Plugin
for your second domain.

If you are having trouble, click the Plone/acl_users/ActiveDirectory Multi
Plugin/acl_users object->Users tab and make sure it can find users.
Unfortunately, I do not recall the exact tutorial I followed to make this
work the first time, but it looks like you've found at least one that
describes the needed settings.  Be very sure you get all your DN's right and
set your "User object classes" to "top,person" when you are setting up the
properties pages.  Those gave me the most trouble.