[Setup] Re: apache + mod_wsgi + django and NOW plone?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Mon Mar 29 10:31:42 UTC 2010

Aldoric wrote:

> Some projects are old and still use PHP - But they are deprecated and can
> be removed soon. But there is also a webshop-project running with django
> LFS. This webshop is still at its very beginning, but it runs on python
> 2.5 using mod_wsgi. I already searched for a plone solution for ecommerce,
> but didn't find any which is still in development and has a stable version
> which supports all features LFS does.

There is no ecommerce product for Plone. LFS is work of Easyshop (Plone
product) author. If you build your shop from a scratch PloneGetPaid might
provide some components for it, but it is not out of the box solution.

> I know mod_wsgi is compiled for python 2.5 and I know that plone 3.3 does
> not run with that version. I'm not sure whether django/lfs runs with
> python 2.4 (didn't find any note about it, yet) - but I first like to ask
> whether there is another GOOD way of installing plone in this situation.

mod_wsgi supports only one Python interpreter per Apache which is an ugly
limitation.

Have you looked here for further info: http://repoze.org/

-----
Mikko Ohtamaa