[Setup] apache + mod_wsgi + django and NOW plone?

Aldoric benjamin at dokomi.de
Mon Mar 29 10:00:51 UTC 2010

Hi!

I just started setting up some new projects in plone 3.3 - and for now, I
think I'm getting in trouble. :(

Till now I always developed within of a test environment. But now I want to
set up plone on my web server. The web server is driven by apache using
multiple VirtualHost definitions for all of my domains and subdomains. No
problem until now, but..

Some projects are old and still use PHP - But they are deprecated and can be
removed soon. But there is also a webshop-project running with django LFS.
This webshop is still at its very beginning, but it runs on python 2.5 using
mod_wsgi. I already searched for a plone solution for ecommerce, but didn't
find any which is still in development and has a stable version which
supports all features LFS does.

Now for my question:
I know mod_wsgi is compiled for python 2.5 and I know that plone 3.3 does
not run with that version. I'm not sure whether django/lfs runs with python
2.4 (didn't find any note about it, yet) - but I first like to ask whether
there is another GOOD way of installing plone in this situation.

The plone installation should be able to have multiple hosts/projects on it,
because I'd like to run several pages using plone in near future. So my
apache VirtualHosts should still run.
I also like the buildout way of installing components - so buildout would be
nice, too.

Thank you in advance for any help/hints on this.

~Benjamin