[Setup] Re: LDAP User Folder Certificate Configuration

Alberto Lopes alberto at alopes.com
Thu Mar 11 17:29:51 UTC 2010

Jordan,

First of all, let me say that we WILL make it happen to you. Period. :-)

To be honest with you, I don't remember exactly how I made the ldap.conf
file work in D:\Plone-3.1.2\Python - that broke my legs when I tried to redo
a similar setup some time later. I thought that putting
D:\Plone-3.1.2\Python in the windows PATH variable would do it, or putting
ldap.conf in the same folder as the openldap DLL.

However, later on what I came to know as a working solution is to put the
ldap.conf in the C:\openldap folder (even for Plones installed in drive D).
Just create manually that folder if it doesn't exist.

For Plone 3.3.4 in Windows, I think buildout pulls the newest binary version
of python-ldap from Pypi, and that version already comes with the OpenLDAP
and OpenSSL DLLs. But since you already got it working in LDAP (without SSL)
I would guess that the DLL installation is not a problem.

So, please try to put the ldap.conf file in c:\openldap and tell me if it
worked.

Oh, and about creating a good doc for the Plone+AD setup in Windows, count
me in.

Alberto

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Jordan Peterson [via Plone] <
ml-node+4717306-699970969-36784 at n2.nabble.com<ml-node%2B4717306-699970969-36784 at n2.nabble.com>