[Setup] unreleased or undetectable version of Zope — ZMI regained following pins of ZODB3 and Zope

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 22:08:18 UTC 2010

Big thanks to MatthewWilkes in  irc://irc.freenode.net/#plone
irc://irc.freenode.net/#plone  I got my ZMI back by pinning,

ZODB3 = 3.8.3

I'm also, without pinning, on Zope 2.10.9 (less than the 2.10.11 specified
at
<http://dist.plone.org/release/3.3.4/versions.cfg>) — but not rushing to
step up, again, to 2.10.11 unless people can (a) describe fantastically good
reasons to do so, and (b) reassure me that the version.txt issue is
negligible.

There remain 'Application Duplicate Product name' warnings e.g.
<http://pastebin.ca/1760734> drawing attention to another Zope,

/Applications/Plone/Python-2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Zope2-2.12.2-py2.4-macosx-10.3-ppc.egg

and the plan is to
buildout -vvvvv
(until today, I didn't realise that more than three v's were applicable!) to
discover what's pulling that 2.12.2 into the cauldron.

Big sigh of relief. And an interesting learning curve!