[Setup] CorruptedDataError after install on Windows Vista raid drive

JonathanWeintaub pariahdogww at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:34:42 UTC 2010

I installed Plone on a Dell machine that has two mirrored disks.  Initially,
things went well and I was able to add content.  I left the system alone for
a few days and then came back and tried to publish some content on a new
page.  I received a CorruptedDataError.  I can add folders and links just
fine, but pages don't work.  My RAID drives go to sleep after 10 minutes.
I'm wondering if the sleeping behavior may have caused the error.  Today, I
shut down Plone and restarted.  I then tried to create a page and received
the same CorruptedDataError.  There are two questions here:

1. Was it unwise to install Plone on disks that may go to sleep.
2. How do I fix the CorruptedDataError in the data store?

The top of the error that I received is pasted below.  The string in the
error "Gay Rights, Special Rights" is from an earlier page post error.  It
appears that there was a serialization error a few days back and that this
error is blocking the ability to create pages, period:

Time	2010/01/09 07:55:59.953 US/Eastern
User Name (User Id)	 admin (admin)
Request URL
http://localhost:8080/Plone/political/gop/loudoun-gop/portal_factory/Document/document.2010-01-09.7318730373/atct_edit
Exception Type	CorruptedDataError
Exception Value	Error reading oid 0x28bd. Found 'ollowers. Gay Rights,
Special Rights is de' at 88054299

p.s. - I searched for CorruptedDataError and found a 2007 question but saw
no response to that question.