[Setup] Sudden error with Cheetah and NameMapper when using paster

francoise fcodvpt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:47:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was create a few products with paster to try to write some tests and I
suddenly get the following error :

"You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling
Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python
version of NameMapper. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C
version of NameMapper"

It was working until know and now paster does the same message on my two
installs (one Plone-3.3.1 and one Plone-3.3.4).

I am quite panicked as I do not understand what it is and what it happens.
If someone had an idea on what I should do, it would be great

Here is the result of a paster command :

../bin/paster create -t plone example.galere
Selected and implied templates:
  ZopeSkel#basic_namespace  A project with a namespace package
  ZopeSkel#plone            A Plone project

Variables:
  egg:      example.galere
  package:  examplegalere
  project:  example.galere
Enter namespace_package (Namespace package (like plone)) ['plone']: example
Enter package (The package contained namespace package (like example))
['example']: galere
Enter zope2product (Are you creating a Zope 2 Product?) [False]: True
Enter version (Version) ['1.0']:
Enter description (One-line description of the package) ['']:
Enter long_description (Multi-line description (in reST)) ['']:
Enter author (Author name) ['Plone Foundation']:
Enter author_email (Author email)
['plone-developers at lists.sourceforge.net']:
Enter keywords (Space-separated keywords/tags) ['']:
Enter url (URL of homepage)
['http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.example']:
Enter license_name (License name) ['GPL']:
Enter zip_safe (True/False: if the package can be distributed as a .zip
file) [False]:
Creating template basic_namespace
Creating directory ./example.galere
  Recursing into +namespace_package+
    Creating ./example.galere/example/
    Recursing into +package+
      Creating ./example.galere/example/galere/
/dext/liris/Plone-3.3.4/buildout-cache/eggs/Cheetah-2.0.1-py2.4.egg/Cheetah/Compiler.py:1531:
UserWarning:
You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling
Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python
version of NameMapper. You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C
version of NameMapper.
  warnings.warn(
      Copying __init__.py_tmpl to
./example.galere/example/galere/__init__.py
    Copying __init__.py_tmpl to ./example.galere/example/__init__.py
  Copying README.txt_tmpl to ./example.galere/README.txt
  Recursing into docs
    Creating ./example.galere/docs/
    Copying HISTORY.txt_tmpl to ./example.galere/docs/HISTORY.txt
  Copying setup.cfg to ./example.galere/setup.cfg
  Copying setup.py_tmpl to ./example.galere/setup.py
Creating template plone
  Recursing into +namespace_package+
    Recursing into +package+
Replace 0 bytes with 86 bytes (0/0 lines changed; 3 lines added)
      Copying __init__.py_tmpl to
./example.galere/example/galere/__init__.py
      Copying configure.zcml_tmpl to
./example.galere/example/galere/configure.zcml
      Copying tests.py_tmpl to ./example.galere/example/galere/tests.py
  Recursing into docs
    Copying INSTALL.txt_tmpl to ./example.galere/docs/INSTALL.txt
    Copying LICENSE.GPL to ./example.galere/docs/LICENSE.GPL
    Copying LICENSE.txt_tmpl to ./example.galere/docs/LICENSE.txt
Replace 1013 bytes with 1263 bytes (0/32 lines changed; 8 lines added)
  Copying setup.py_tmpl to ./example.galere/setup.py
The project you just created has local commands. These can be used from
within
the product.

usage: paster COMMAND

Commands:
  addcontent  Adds plone content types to your project

For more information: paster help COMMAND