[Setup] Re: Setup Digest, Vol 52, Issue 8

Goran Sljivic sljivic at simet.hr
Fri Feb 19 10:31:02 UTC 2010

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:54:02 -0800 (PST)
From: PaulMCLS <paul.robinson at monroe.lib.mi.us>
Subject: [Setup] Password Protection
To: setup at lists.plone.org

I'm considering installing Plone as part of our company intranet. Right now,
we use various custom databases, blogs, wikis, etc., which are all behind
htaccess configured through the apache config files.
Sorry for (possible) multiple posts... I keep getting it back saying I don't
subscribe to the list, even though I've received confirmation for
subscribing to the list. Anyhow...

I'd like to use Plone, but I'll need this functionality. I see information
on using a VirtualHost to route the requests for the plone install (at port
8080) to port 80 and use it as the default destination when you access the
server from a web browser, but I need to know if I was to redirect it to say
http://mysite.com/plone, AND I use authentication to block that from
unauthorized users, is the Plone install always still accessible at
http://mysite.com:8080?

I've been having some trouble getting this going, but I'm willing to muddle
through getting the security configured if I know that in the end it can do
what I'm looking for: Allow access to plone from a rewritten or redirected
URL and disable access through port 8080.

Hopefully that all makes sense. I'm not sure my brain is working all too
clearly this morning...

Nabble.com.

------------------------------

Message: 3
You can limit Zope/Plone to only serving 127.0.0.1:8080, so that it only
accepts requests from the localhost. But, go ahead and firewall the port,
too.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM, PaulMCLS
<paul.robinson at monroe.lib.mi.us>wrote:

> > I'm considering installing Plone as part of our company intranet. Right
> > now,
> > we use various custom databases, blogs, wikis, etc., which are all behind
> > htaccess configured through the apache config files.
> > Sorry for (possible) multiple posts... I keep getting it back saying I
> > don't
> > subscribe to the list, even though I've received confirmation for
> > subscribing to the list. Anyhow...
> >
> > I'd like to use Plone, but I'll need this functionality. I see
> information
> > on using a VirtualHost to route the requests for the plone install
> (at port
> > 8080) to port 80 and use it as the default destination when you
> access the
> > server from a web browser, but I need to know if I was to redirect it to
> > say
> > http://mysite.com/plone, AND I use authentication to block that from
> > unauthorized users, is the Plone install always still accessible at
> > http://mysite.com:8080?
> >
> > I've been having some trouble getting this going, but I'm willing to
> muddle
> > through getting the security configured if I know that in the end it
> can do
> > what I'm looking for: Allow access to plone from a rewritten or
> redirected
> > URL and disable access through port 8080.
> >
> > Hopefully that all makes sense. I'm not sure my brain is working all too
> > clearly this morning...
> >
> > --
Hi Paul,

To disable access port 8080 do this:

 Find your zope.conf (usually in Unified installation in
instance/etc/zope.conf) and add with some editor part like
this(copy-paste into):

# Directive: ip-address
#
#     The default IP address on which Zope's various server protocol
#     implementations will listen for requests. If this is unset, Zope
#     will listen on all IP addresses supported by the machine. This
#     directive can be overridden on a per-server basis in the servers
#     section.
#
# Default: unset
#
# Example:
#
    ip-address 127.0.0.1

Save changes in zope.conf and then restart Plone.

 Best Regards

  Goran

--
Goran Sljivic,sistem-inzenjer