[Setup] upgrading PloneBoard: problem with Kupu

João Lopes jvianalopes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:22:21 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I had upgraded a my version of plone from 3.1 to 3.3.3 and the PloneBoard
product was upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1b2
I have one site that uses ploneboard so after the migration of the Data.fs I
reinstalled the product this procedure failed.
As is usual in other products of plone I removed the product to install
after (this works for example to CSSManager)

The remove step worked fine but the install gives the error:
Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 589, in
installProducts
Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 512, in
installProduct
__traceback_info__: ('Ploneboard',)
Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
__traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /efisica>,), {'reinstall': False},
(False,))
Module
/web/plone321/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.Ploneboard-2.1b2-py2.4.egg/Products/Ploneboard/Extensions/Install.py,
line 10, in install
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in runAllImportStepsFromProfile
__traceback_info__: profile-Products.Ploneboard:ploneboard
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1179, in _runImportStepsFromContext
Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1090, in _doRunImportStep
__traceback_info__: simpleattachment
Module Products.SimpleAttachment.setuphandlers, line 22, in setupAttachments
Module Products.kupu.plone.librarytool, line 243, in updateResourceTypes
Module Products.kupu.plone.librarytool, line 214, in _validate_portal_types
KupuError: Resource type: linkable, invalid type: Ploneboard

I saw on the internet, and there are some old reports of this problem that
suggested to go to kupu configuration panel and edit the "linkable" to
remove
 all the references to  ploneboard types. In my site there are no plone
board types within this panel (at least the the word ploneboard does not
appear in any type)

The other thing that puzzles me is that in the plone_control_panel the
Add-on Product Configuration ploneboard

still exists (but without any fields to select)

Can you give me any help

thanks in advance

Sheers
João Lopes