[Setup] Re: Upgrading from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.5 on different Server

MRS IT Admin itinfo at mrs.org.uk
Tue Feb 2 08:46:09 UTC 2010

Dear Martin,
I wanted to upgarde forst to 2.5 as there is no direct way to upgarde to v3.
Only when everything works on 2.5 the next step will be 3.3.
Well basically I do not know what to read in order to get the right
knowledge for the Package.
As Plone includes Plone, Zope and Python I am not sure on what I should
concentrate to become system admin e.g installation, upgrading and adding
plug ins.
So my thought was is there a way I can compare check the plugins installed
on the old version, export the site settings and data and import it into the
new server.
Thanks
Georgi