[Setup] Vertical Text / IEFixes

Irfon-Kim Ahmad isa at dickeng.com
Tue Apr 13 18:32:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a vertical text style for use in tables for my
users in Plone (either 3.1.7 or 3.3.5) and having a hell of a time.
I've added a style to the ploneCustom.css:

.verticaltext {
  writing-mode: tb-rl;
  filter: flipv fliph;
  white-space: nowrap;
  text-align: left;
}

This displays *exactly* as desired from within KUPU while you're editing
(if you go back to the visual mode), but as soon as you save and try to
look at the page in your browser, it pretty much explodes (cell
formatting goes wild, borders disappear, cells are unnecessarily tall
and wide, etc., etc.).

I'm starting to suspect that it may be some of the IEFixes causing the
problem, and I'd like to basically disable them all and see what happens
and if the problem goes away, re-enable them one at a time and use
process of elimination to discover the issue.  I'm hopeful that it might
be a fix that we're not totally dependant upon anyway.

I'm wondering if any of you: a) have figured out how to do vertical text
in tables in Plone and can pass me the info., or; b) can give me some
tips on how to temporarily disable IEFixes.css and/or how to edit it (if
I try to just edit it in the ZMI, it tells me that it can't be edited).

Any help would be great.  Thanks!