[Setup] How to change the return URL of the login form?

Mirto Silvio Busico mirtosilvio.busico at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 24 13:38:32 UTC 2009

Well, first I've found a workaround: I drop login/logout and in the
content area I add a link pointing to: "login_form?came_from=/base3"
(where "base3" is the plone site id)

I'm not shure about what I have to put in the VHM, any hint?

Hoping more informations clarify my framework. I have:

An Apache virtual host (plone.msb.net) with this rewrite rule (4160 is
the listening port for Varnish):

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://%{SERVER_NAME}:4160/$1 [P]

Varnisch serve the output of deliverance (port 4170).

Deliverance define this proxy:

  <proxy path="/base3" class="plone-msb-base">
    <dest
href="http://localhost:4180/VirtualHostBase/http/{Host}:80/VirtualHostRoot/base3/"
/>
  </proxy>

On port 4180 there is Pound that balances a Plone 3.3 installed in zeo
configuration (client1 on 4190 and client2 on 4191)

This configuration works for all the links (well, I have problems with
TinyMCE, but this is another thread) before login. It works well also
after the login.
The only thing that doesn't work is the redirection (came_from=) that is
passed to the login form.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

Thanks
    Mirto