[Setup] Re: zopeskel error on ubuntu 9.04

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 23 10:40:06 UTC 2009

Encolpe Degoute, on 2009-09-21:
> san82moon a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to install zopeskel on ubuntu 9.04, but i get the following
>> error:
>> [SNIP]
>> 112, in message
>> markdown.MarkdownException: Failed to import ElementTree
>
> sudo apt-get install python-elementtree

If you are using a virtualenv, the following works for me:

easy_install Cheetah==2.2.1 ZopeSkel==2.12

or

easy_install elementtree Markdown==1.7 Cheetah==2.2.1 ZopeSkel==2.12

ZopeSkel 2.12 (released today) adds
a requirement on elementtree, which is needed because Markdown
requires it but does not specify it; Markdown itself is a requirement
of Cheetah starting from Cheetah 2.2.2.

Note that the order is important.  If you easy_install ZopeSkel==2.12
first, easy_install will not yet see that you specify Cheetah==2.2.1
so it will install the lastest 2.2.2 and things will go wrong.

Note also that Cheetah 2.2.2 depends on Markdown 2.0.1 or higher and
that version is not happy with elementtree but it really wants to
import Elementtree, so there you *will* need to apt-get install
python-elementtree.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/