[Setup] Re: There is no upgrade procedure defined for this add-on

Françoise Conil fcodvpt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:54:25 UTC 2009

The complete message is the following :

    MyTheme 1.0dev-r165

    Extension profile for the "MyTheme" Plone theme. ... This product
has been upgraded. Old profile version was unknown. New profile
version is 1.0. There is no upgrade procedure defined for this add-on.
Please consult the product documentation for upgrade information, or
contact the product author.

"1.0" is the version in my.theme/my/theme/version.txt,
my.theme/my/theme/setup.py and
my.theme/my/theme/profiles/default/metadata.xml
1.0dev-r165 is build with SVN info

If I understand the message, my product "has been upgraded", so I have
nothing to do.

I think I do not do anything special in my product that would need to
be upgraded, but I can be wrong.

What should I do to avoid this disturbing message :
  - add a <genericsetup:upgradeStep> to my configure.zcml with an
empty handler ?
  - what version number should I use as source and destination ?

Here is what I imagine I could add :

  <genericsetup:upgradeStep
      title="MyTheme upgrade"
      description="Fake upgrade step."
      source="unknown"
      destination="1.0"
      handler="my.theme.migrations.fake_upgrade"
      profile="my.theme:MyTheme" />

I did not found clear instructions for my level of Plone knowlodge, I
found some interesting pointers in documentation, blogs and forums,
but I do not a clear vision of what I should do.

Did I miss something ?

some pointers:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/version-numbers-in-cmfquickinstaller/
http://plone.org/support/forums/core#nabble-td2393544|a2478376