[Setup] Help for installing Plone CMS on FreeBSD

Frerichs, Chad cfrerichs at okoboji.k12.ia.us
Sat Sep 12 23:52:17 UTC 2009

Kd
--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve McMahon <steve at dcn.org>
To: setup at lists.plone.org <setup at lists.plone.org>
Sent: Sat Sep 12 18:32:35 2009
Subject: Re: [Setup] Help for installing Plone CMS on FreeBSD

Hi Wendell,

When you set up a ZEO cluster with the unified installer running as root, it *should* create two users: zeo and plone. The zeo user is used to run the ZEO server daemon and the plone user should run the clients. It sounds like the user-creation code needs to be revisited for FreeBSD. Could you let us know which FreeBSD version you're running.

Meanwhile, you can just use the usual BSD utilities to create the zeo and plone users. Either reinstall or rerun buildout afterwards to get the file ownerships right.

Steve