[Setup] Problems installing Zope2 under WINDOWS VISTA

floseries fritz at loseries.info
Fri Oct 30 16:39:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got problems with installation using zc.buildout under WINDOW VISTA
(also under XP)

Downloaded the svn-Project AndreasBuildout, made bootstraping and run
bin\buildout

Following Assertion error occurs:

Installing zope2.
running build_ext
creating zope.proxy
copying zope/proxy\proxy.h -> zope.proxy
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.
While:
  Installing zope2.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a recipe
being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"c:\users\fritz\appdata\local\temp\tmptlb1if\zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg\zc\buildout\buildout.py",
line 1659, in main
  File
"c:\users\fritz\appdata\local\temp\tmptlb1if\zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg\zc\buildout\buildout.py",
line 532, in install
  File
"c:\users\fritz\appdata\local\temp\tmptlb1if\zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg\zc\buildout\buildout.py",
line 1203, in _call
  File
"d:\programme\andreasbuildout\eggs\plone.recipe.zope2install-3.2-py2.4.egg\plone\recipe\zope2install\__init__.py",
line 247, in install
    'build_ext', '-i',
AssertionError

Any hint or helpful advice ? I do not want to bother with all the
compilation stuff concerning cygwin and minGW. I thought Plone 3 is working
out of the box. Python version used is 2.4, PIL and PyWin32 installed.

Fritz